News from Suz

Welcome to News from Suz. This blog is my attempt to creatively communicate and exhibit the works of God in my life as well as what He's teaching me through them. It also keeps my partners and prayer-warriors in ministry up to date and in the loop. Be sure to check back every week or so for the latest updates.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Plan B

When I was a kid, I used to watch the TV show “The A-Team,” and at the end of each episode, one of the main characters would recite his favorite line, “I love it when a plan comes together.”   Being a planner myself, I too love it when a plan comes together.  Unfortunately, despite prayer and hard work, “Plan A” doesn’t always come to fruition. 

“Plan A” was to begin our 4-month training program, Formacion, in August.  Though we have many people interested in becoming full-time missionaries, not enough of them are far enough along in the application and acceptance process for us to hold our annual training.   It was a difficult decision to make, but my team and I are actively working on “Plan B” and trust that God will accomplish His will ... even if we end up with “Plan C” or “Plan D.”

“Plan B” is to offer a shorter version of our training program, which will be 2 weeks, followed by a week-long missions trip.  In light of the shortened training program, I will have more time than I originally anticipated this fall.  I’m currently praying and asking God what He would like me to do once the training is over and hope that I will have opportunities to teach.   One possibility I might have would be to go to Ecuador and provide training there for some up-and-coming missionaries.  Another possibility would be to assist my friend, Michele, with the discipleship group on Monday mornings by doing some of the teaching.  Both opportunities sound great, but I will continue praying until God has made His will clear.  I would appreciate your prayers as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home