News from Suz

Welcome to News from Suz. This blog is my attempt to creatively communicate and exhibit the works of God in my life as well as what He's teaching me through them. It also keeps my partners and prayer-warriors in ministry up to date and in the loop. Be sure to check back every week or so for the latest updates.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tico Times

The lights were on, the floors were mopped, the counters were clean and I was ready.  Ready for what you might ask?  I was ready to begin hosting an 8-week Bible study for some people from my church who live nearby.  I had only met them briefly prior to our first small group meeting last night and was pleased when we hit it off right away.  After spending a little time getting to know each other, we dove into the Bible study which focuses on the theme of love.  The theme is part of a church-wide campaign complimented by the Sunday morning sermons and a daily 5-minute devotional.  I look forward to all God is going to teach us about love and how He will unify us as a group.

I continue to meet with Diana who is progressing rapidly in her faith.  It was an exciting moment for both of us when she finished reading through the whole book of Genesis.  Do you remember the first time you read through an entire book of the Bible?  Philemon doesn't count by the way.  Diana and I continue to work our way through the Old Testament and Diana is learning about Moses, the Ten Commandments and the faith-wavering Israelites.  It is really a privilege to help her develop a good foundation for her faith.

Over the last ten months or so I have been raising funds for a car.  Thanks to many faithful donors and their generous gifts, I have received enough money to purchase one.  Woohoo!!!  I am so grateful for all of the sacrifices people made to help make this possible.  I thank God for His never-ending provision and for your support.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! God filled up the car fund. :)
Good to hear about the work that you're doing, my friend.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home