News from Suz

Welcome to News from Suz. This blog is my attempt to creatively communicate and exhibit the works of God in my life as well as what He's teaching me through them. It also keeps my partners and prayer-warriors in ministry up to date and in the loop. Be sure to check back every week or so for the latest updates.

Monday, September 22, 2008

The New Training Building

Saturday was an unforgettable day and perhaps one of the most moving in all my time in Costa Rica.  For over two years my team has been working on building a 6,000 square foot, two story training building.  We have prayed for the funds, we have labored with our hands and our hearts and we have trusted that God would provide.  He proved His faithfulness over and over again and it was time to celebrate.

I was asked to help coordinate an event to celebrate God's faithfulness and dedicate the building, ourselves and all of our future ministry to Him.  This last Saturday, September 20, 2008, we were able to hold this very event in our brand new training center.

Toward the beginning of the program, as I was standing in the back of the room listening to the guests singing, I got a little teary-eyed.  Though there were only about 100 people present, it sounded like we were a thousand voices singing about God's faithfulness.  In that moment, I caught a glimpse of the future and sensed that God will use this building to train more and more workers for His plentiful harvest and that someday, we will be a thousand people.  

To God be the glory forever and ever, amen!

Tomorrow, we will begin an intensive 2-week missionary training program.  We will have 9 students, some of whom were previously with other missions organizations and have recently joined the International Teams family, others who are just beginning their missionary journey.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to invest in their lives, teach a few classes and help these students be well prepared and equipped for what awaits them on the field.  


1 Comments:

Blogger The Garcias said...

SO Awesome!!! Praise God! I wish I could have been there to experience such a great moment of fulfillment in your ministry there. I know the hearts that you are working with are immensely valuable... but it is also through structures such as this building that God can continue His work in a mighty way. I remember when that building was just a really great vision. Yay God!!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home