News from Suz

Welcome to News from Suz. This blog is my attempt to creatively communicate and exhibit the works of God in my life as well as what He's teaching me through them. It also keeps my partners and prayer-warriors in ministry up to date and in the loop. Be sure to check back every week or so for the latest updates.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SJO

SJO and I have gotten to be quite good friends over the years.  He's always there for me in the midst of my coming and going.  It's funny really, because we end up spending a significant amount of time together, especially when I'm waiting--waiting for a flight that is.  You see SJO is the code for the Juan Santa Maria international airport in Costa Rica.  SJO and I were hanging out a little over a week ago when I went to pick up Melissa.

Melissa is a fellow Californian, which means I like her already, and will be joining our team in Costa Rica in early '09.  Kari and I had the privilege of hosting her during her week-long stay and were able to get to know our new team mate better.  I arranged for her to meet with different members of the team, visit the Language Institute, see San Jose, attend a local church, go to the Feria (farmer's market), catch a movie at the cine and even try one of my new favorite desserts in Costa Rica.  Arroz con leche (rice pudding) is a costa Rican classic that is now served with a new twist:  flavors!  My flavor of choice, and the one I introduced to Melissa, is mint chocolate chip.  Yum!  Woody, my boss, argues that the strawberry cheesecake flavor is better.  Next time you come for a visit, you too can weigh in on the debate.

Speaking of a visit, tomorrow I am off to see SJO on my way to Honduras to visit Michelle, another missionary with I.T. Part of my role as a member of the Regional Team is to provide member care for our missionaries in and/or from Latin America.  This is actually one of the best parts of my job.  While I'm in Honduras, I'll have the opportunity to see and participate in Michelle's new ministry to the disabled in her community.  Stay tuned for more details and pictures in my next blog update.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home