Tico Times
Over the years many people have asked me what a typical day is like for me. After all, what is it that missionaries do on a daily basis? How do they spend their time? Since I have returned to Costa Rica, a “normal” week for me has consisted of working on various projects at the office.
One project I have been working on is Vista Previa. It is a missions exposure event with three objectives: 1) that each participant knows who we are (International Teams), and what we do, 2) that each participant acquires a wider perspective of missions, discipleship, and some of the spiritual needs of the world, 3) that each person leaves with a new commitment such as: praying for missionaries, taking a step closer to being a full-time missionary, attending Formation (our missionary training program), supporting missions in the local church etc. This event will take place this Friday, Saturday and Sunday and we have 16 people from all over Costa Rica signed up. Please pray for all of the details to come together.
Eventually I hope to work four days per week in the office and use one-two days for intentional discipleship preparation and meetings. My desire is to maintain a balance between administrative tasks and relational impact. This means that I will continue sharpening and refining our missionary training program as I work in the office, but it also means that I will continue to meet with individuals for the purpose of helping them know Christ and grow in their relationship with Him.


1 Comments:
Happy Birthday, Suzie!
I was planning to come to visit you for your graduation and bring your Bday gift. Unfortunately, I was't able to join your mom for the trip.
I have something brewing and have to be here to take care of it. The phone # I have for you isn't current. Send me your new one?
Love and prayers,
aunt Sandra
Post a Comment
<< Home