News from Suz

Welcome to News from Suz. This blog is my attempt to creatively communicate and exhibit the works of God in my life as well as what He's teaching me through them. It also keeps my partners and prayer-warriors in ministry up to date and in the loop. Be sure to check back every week or so for the latest updates.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tico Times

Yesterday I began moving into my new apartment! It felt a little bit like Christmas as I opened up tubs of things I had stored and unwrapped my new oven and fridge. Unwrapping a new oven and fridge may seem like a fairly simplistic and easy task, but alas, it required much more energy than I anticipated. By the time I cut through and pulled back the multiple layers, I was completely disheveled and nearly tangled in what I estimate to be about 10 boxes worth of plastic wrap.

On Easter Sunday I attended a church that I had visited on a previous trip to Costa Rica. This church meets at a retreat center about 2 miles from my new apartment and seeks to make every member a disciple of Christ. I was excited to hear about their vision for discipleship and felt like it might be a good match for me. I was pleasantly surprised to see my former landlords there along with a former neighbor and her mother. I also ran into another friend and her husband. It was quite the reunion.

At the office I have been madly working away on a 10-year plan for our missionary training program called Formacion. I have also been coordinating a missions exposure weekend called Vista Previa for Latinos interested in missions. So far we have 4 people signed up and several more that are interested. More information to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home