Tico Times
Eugene Peterson wrote a cleverly titled book called, Under the Unpredictable Plant. Though I have only read a review and several excerpts from the book, I am already hooked. After reading the excerpt that most caught my attention, perhaps you will be too.
“I want to study God’s word long and carefully so that when I stand before you and preach and teach I will be accurate. I want to pray, slowly and lovingly, so that my relation with God will be inward and honest. And I want to be with you, often and leisurely, so that we can recognize each other as close companions on the way of the cross and be available for counsel and encouragement to each other.”
This quote eloquently captures the desire of my heart. Studying the Word, spending time in prayer and communing with other believers is vital for my daily existence in life and for my effectiveness on the field. Would you pray that my times in the Word would be long and careful? Would you pray that when I talk to God, it would not be in a rushed or rude fashion? Would you also pray that God allows me true fellowship with other believers?
I learned that the church that I have attended the last two Sundays will be opening up small groups within the next couple of months. That might be a wonderful opportunity for me to meet some of the members of the congregation and get involved. I also heard of a university student, Diana, who is being discipled by a teammate of mine, Stephanie, who is leaving the field. She asked if I might consider continuing that discipleship relationship. I hope to meet Diana soon as I pray about the possibility of discipling her.


1 Comments:
suzie, can I just tell you how amazing you are?
Post a Comment
<< Home