News from Suz

Welcome to News from Suz. This blog is my attempt to creatively communicate and exhibit the works of God in my life as well as what He's teaching me through them. It also keeps my partners and prayer-warriors in ministry up to date and in the loop. Be sure to check back every week or so for the latest updates.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Speaking Engagements

Praise God my time with the women in DiscipulAs went far better than I could have imagined.  I had the women study three different examples of mentoring relationships in the Bible (Moses and Joshua, Naomi and Ruth, and Paul and Timothy).  We talked about the importance of having a mentor in one's life but also the idea that each relationship is different, and that's okay.

On May 9, I spoke from the book of Genesis about Sarah for the women's group at my church.  I was expecting 15-20 women but as time wore on and I was getting ready to speak, more and more women kept coming through the doors.  One right after the other, sometimes in pairs, they just kept coming!  It was quite a surprise, but a welcome one.  All in all we had about 30 women and I was so grateful for the opportunity to get to know them and share with them.  We discussed how God used an obstacle in Sarah's life to fulfill His promises and will.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home