
During our recent Latin America conference in Ecuador, a large group of us took a tour of a local nursery that grows more roses than you could possibly imagine. Ecuador is a large exporter of roses and once we saw them, we knew why. They were absolutely stunning. I'm pictured here with an old friend of mine, Cameron, who attended language school with me in Costa Rica but who serves in Ecuador.

One of our afternoon excursions included a museum tour on the equator. Here I am trying to walk a straight line with my eyes closed (not as easy as you might imagine). The properties of the equator are fascinating and reminded me that earth has one incredible Designer.

This is a picture I took at the lower end of the hotel property we stayed at. The daisy garden was so beautiful and peaceful that I found myself being lured there early in the mornings to spend some quiet time with God.

At the end of the conference many of us toured the various ministry sites of the different teams serving in Ecuador. One such site is called Haven of Love and reaches out to the poor community around it. They provide schooling for children and adults, a safe place for the children to play, church services, and much more.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home