News from Suz

Welcome to News from Suz. This blog is my attempt to creatively communicate and exhibit the works of God in my life as well as what He's teaching me through them. It also keeps my partners and prayer-warriors in ministry up to date and in the loop. Be sure to check back every week or so for the latest updates.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Formacion Week 4

The fourth week of Formacion Intensiva was a short one due to Independence Day on September 15th. I gave the students the day off so they could enjoy the patriotic festivities and I took advantage of the time to return to Costa Rica after my visit to Honduras.

As I sat with the students at lunch toward the latter part of the week, I asked them how their classes had been while I was away. They said that they had been fine but unanimously agreed that their favorite class thus far has been the "cooking class" on Monday nights. I had to smile. I'm glad to know that this new element to the training program is so well-liked.

One highlight of the week for me was watching the students wrestle through an often misinterpreted passage of Scripture as we discussed the importance of looking at the historical/cultural context of a passage before arriving at an interpretation. The reason that watching them wrestle through this is highlight for me is because it means that they're becoming more proactive in studying Scripture. They are also learning how think more critically, something I'm not convinced is taught here in public schools. It's really incredible to see how much they've grown in this short time we've been together. Praise God for how He's forming these missionaries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home