News from Suz

Welcome to News from Suz. This blog is my attempt to creatively communicate and exhibit the works of God in my life as well as what He's teaching me through them. It also keeps my partners and prayer-warriors in ministry up to date and in the loop. Be sure to check back every week or so for the latest updates.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Turkey Trip

Greetings from Antalya!

I have visited so many places since my last entry, I hardly know where to begin. We visited the city of Tarsus, which is where Paul the Apostle was from. It was an old city with cobble-stone streets and considerable character. Lystra was also one of our stops and though there were few remains, the location was amazing. It was surrounded by hills with herds of sheep nearby.

Yesterday we were able to visit Psidian Antioch and walk on roads that chariots once sailed down. It was a beautiful sunny day as we looked at various ruins from centuries past. For lunch we ate Pide, which is the Turkish version of pizza. There were two kinds: cheese and meat. The meat was finely ground and tasted suspiciously like meatloaf on a pizza crust ;)

Today we saw Side, (See-Day), a sea-side town on the Mediterranean. Large columns were only feet from the shore. It was absolutely breath-taking and by far one of the most beautiful places I've seen thus far. Here is a picture.



Tomorrow we're off Pamukkale. I'll write more when I can!
Blessings,
Suzie

1 Comments:

Blogger april said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Thank you for posting the photo. Did you snap any of Hagia Sophia? I want to see that place some day; maybe you can be my tour guide. :)

Hope your luggage arrived. With one outfit, you can't even wash them in the hotel sink, can you? ;-) Nothing to wear while they dry, and what if they aren't dry by morning?

:) See you soon.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home