Talbot Times
Extreme Makeover - Talbot Edition
At this end of this month, I will be speaking on the topic of beauty at a Talbot Wives event called: Extreme Makeover, Talbot Edition. In preparation for this, I have been asking my friends what comes to mind when they think of the word beauty. I have also searched the depths of the Biola library to see what resources are available. Thus far, I have found a few, but one in particular has captured my attention. The title alone was enough to catch my eye. It is: Beauty and the Best. I have only read a couple of chapters, but I have read enough to know this will be one of the primary resources I use. If you know of any other books or magazine articles that might be helpful, let me know.
Wrestling in Class
While I have never taken up the sport of wrestling physically speaking, I have wrestled mentally many a moment during my time at Talbot. This week was no exception. In my Church & Society class we were discussing the rather morbid topic of death and dying. Is it ever permissible to take a patient off of life support? When, if ever, should feeding tubes be removed and is that starving someone to death? These are some of the questions we worked through in class. They are not easy questions and therefore do not have easy answers. Even though each case should be treated according to the particular circumstances surrounding it, I feel like I learned some valuable principles that I can use should I need to.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home